Another Custom Job

I had a small shelf for printer and other paper, created specifically to the dimensions of the standard paper size. It was 3 shelves high with a back extending higher than the top to keep the paper from falling off the back side. It worked well, but took up table space. After surveying the scraps and leftovers in our basement, I found enough materials to create another custom shelf to fit over the printer. See picture below. My motto is, if you can build up, build up! There never seems to be enough work surface, especially when you share the room with 3 other people! The same day I made this shelf, I put up a board with hooks to hang scissors, rulers and other cutting tools up out of the way, but easily accessible. I found a good use for the other shelf. In a cabinet where I keep craft supplies, I put the "paper" shelf on the upper shelf. It now holds cards for every occasion, categorized accordingly. This freed up space in the cabinet. I call this custom job a 2-for-1. I have also included a picture of my storage units for all of the small craft items, most are labeled.





No comments: