Wow!!

Has it really been since January for my last post? Facebook can be blamed for the most part, although I did end up working more than half of the days the second semester of school. And I've managed to keep myself busy this summer.

A small garden went in in spring, my older daughter worked at camp and has had quite a few babysitting jobs and my younger daughter has kept up practicing her flute and learning to play tennis. We were also lucky enough to take the time to head back to the Midwest to visit our families and friends and celebrate.

For the first event, my older brother put together an open house celebration for our parents' 40th wedding anniversary. Not only did all 6 of us make it back to KC, but all of the grandchildren and several relatives we had never met were there. Many other former neighbors and church friends showed up as well. It was a great way to celebrate 40 years of marriage.

The next big event was my class reunion. It has been 20 short years since I graduated high school. We had 3 functions over a Friday evening to Saturday night. Other than now having jobs and families to show the passage of time, it felt as if we had only parted ways 5 years ago, not 20. Everyone seemed at ease and had a great time together.

Later, I will post pictures of the garden and tell you about my summer projects. I had a couple this year that turned out pretty well.

No comments: