I Need Encouragement!!

In the last post, I revealed I had surgery over the summer.  Six weeks post-op, my energy level switch must have been turned up cause I have been like a kid on a sugar high (I am now 20 weeks post-op).  I go, go, go all the day long and then hit a wall at night (sometimes for real-you should see my bruises).  I am a walker (aren't I punny?!).  I used to be a runner but gave that up when we moved to PA.  I don't really remember why, but there it is.  Now, my lungs and knees protest when I make an attempt, so, I walk.  2 or 3 times a week, I walk for about 3 hours on a trail, no matter how cold it is (and thanks to the time of year, temps are dropping-boo hoo).  Other days, I walk in my neighborhood with its killer hills.  I'm walking 30-40 miles a week.  As a result, I have lost over 30 pounds.  As I sit here watching the Cooking Channel, being inundated with shows covering Thanksgiving, delectable desserts, savory sandwiches, etc., I feel my resolve slipping and imagine the pounds adding to my hips and butt.  I can't not watch the cooking shows.  That is pretty much all the TV I watch cause I like to cook.  This is where you come in.  I need your encouragement to keep up with my walking regime over the winter; to get my butt off the couch and unwrap myself from my super warm t-shirt quilt (I need to post a picture) and exercise.  It took 3 years for 20 pounds to pack on (I now weigh less than I did when I was 16-that extra 10 is a bonus) and 4 months to drop 'em.  I've lost the weight and I don't want it back!!! 

2 comments:

stephanie said...

That's amazing Mimi!!! What an accomplishment!! Keep going girl! There's always the mall to walk when it gets too cold! I'm sure you need some new clothes after a 30 pound loss! So walk and shop!!

Mimi said...

Didn't think about the mall! When it was just Sarah and I all day, that's something we would do several times a week-I'd put her in the stroller and we'd walk the mall. Thanks for reminding me!