Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is...
...thanking God for all the blessings He has bestowed upon your life.
...spending a whole day (or extended weekend) with the people you love the most.
...stuffing your belly to near bursting.
...napping on the couch after stuffing your belly to near bursting.
...taking a walk around the neighborhood after the nap you took after stuffing your belly to near bursting.
...watching THE football game.
...leftover turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce sandwiches.
...for some, wearing out the credit cards at the Black Friday sales that more and more are starting Thanksgiving night.

My Thanksgiving this year (as most) will be spent with the three people I love the most:  my husband and daughters.  I am especially thankful we will have the time together.  My husband has been away more often with his job this year than he has in 7 years.  This time around, he has been gone for 15 days.  I am thankful he is coming home to be with us for the Thanksgiving holiday. 

I am thankful I trusted God enough to allow Him to do His work-I have physical healing that has led to some spiritual healing.  Feeling good physically opened my eyes.  I no longer dwell on the ailments that plagued me for years, allowing me to have a freer mind and soul.

I am thankful for the support I receive from family and friends as I forge on in my spiritual journey. 

I am thankful for the technology that allows me to keep up with my family daily, even though we are over a thousand miles apart (and in one case, over 2,500). 

Whatever Thanksgiving is to you, may it be filled with love and laughter.  Thank you for reading my blog.

No comments: