The Annual Divorce Ritual

Today was the day for our Annual Divorce Ritual.  It's a very sacred ritual and has been performed every December for the last 19 years.  The ritual didn't go very smoothly this year.  In fact, I would say it didn't really happen at all. 

What, you are wondering, is the Annual Divorce Ritual?  It is the day we get the Christmas tree and attempt to get it in the stand, tall and straight.  In the past, there was a lot of yelling, cursing and crying, resulting in no talking to each other for a couple of hours.  It's pretty ugly. 

I think ADR may be coming to a halt.  Our daughters are big enough to help get the tree in the stand, so it is no longer left to just my husband and I.  A tree holder, a sighter and 2 of us screwing in the bolts at the same time makes things go soooo much better.  I say it may be coming to a halt.  I'm fighting for an artificial tree next year...


Cuttin' 'er down...


No comments: