I've "Bee"n Quilting

I've mentioned what my hubby calls my "funeral shroud" in a previous post or two.  This is it:

It's a bunch of t-shirts from concerts, places I have visited, etc.  The back is fleece and it is super warm.  When it's cold, I wrap myself up in it with just my face peeking out and have a nap in my recliner.  Or you might find me wrapped up in the corner of the couch reading a book.  Sometimes, I'm wrapped up in it napping in the hammock.  It's my cocoon.

I completed one for SAW a couple of  years ago.
Hers is much bigger.  I found plans online and somewhat followed them.  Hers is big enough to cover a queen size bed and then some.

Now I am working on JMW's.  She has been patiently waiting and will be waiting another year or so.  It takes a couple of years from start to finish.  The easy part is assembling the blocks and the backing.  What takes so much time is the quilting.  Hence, the quilting bees of the past-the detail work is painstaking and requires a lot of stitches and time.  I know JMW will be happy with the end result.  It's looking pretty cool so far.  4 rows assembled, at least 4 more to go!  The finished quilt will be about 8 feet by 8 feet.


No comments: