Sisterhood of the Traveling Basketball Socks

It started with this picture:

I played 2 seasons of basketball in high school.  We were issued new socks every year and I still have both pairs.  I wear them in cold weather, usually when there is snow on the ground.  The socks are thick and keep my feet warm and dry and since they come up high on the shin, I don't feel any cold air that tries to sneak up the cuff of my pants. 

I was going out to shovel the driveway the day I took the picture and posted it on Facebook, tagging all of my former teammates with whom I still keep in touch via Facebook.  Someone came up with the idea of sending the socks out to each team member and posting a picture for all to see.  I have 2 pairs, not like I will be missing one pair all that much.  So we are.

The socks have been sent and a photo posted. 


Now they are on their way to the next teammate.  The ties that  bind.  As teammates back in the day, we got our butts kicked in marathon practices, bonded on the bus rides to away games and hung out at school before the home games.  Now, we have a pair of socks to revive those good times and remind of us how  funny life can sometimes be.  Pretty cool.  Go Sumner Sabres!!

No comments: